Using screening and sorting functions uncovers unique investment opportunities. The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the office REIT City Office REIT (NYSE:CIO). I found the stock by using Barchart’s Top 100 Stocks list , sorted it by the highest Weighted Alpha and Technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/22 the stock gained 10.59%.
City Office REIT, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. It focuses on acquiring, owning, and operating office properties in the United States. The Company invests in properties located in metropolitan areas in the Southern and Western United States. City Office REIT, Inc. is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Barchart’s Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 120.40+ Weighted Alpha
- 117.16% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 22.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.87%
- Technical support level at 20.31
- Recently traded at 21.27 with a 50 day moving average of 18.46
- Market Cap $895 million
- P/E 15.61
- Dividend yield 2.91%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.40% this year and another 13.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 1,733.30% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 9.00% for the next 5 years
Analysts and Investor sentiment — I don’t buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it’s hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors Following the stock on Motley Fool voted 11 to 0 for the stock to beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 1 to 0 for the same result
- 7,100 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha and that site’s Quant Rating is a 3.07 neutral
- Value Line Investment Survey rate the stock a 2 for above average price appreciation in the next 6 month
- MarketScope Analyst thinks the stock is a solid hold
Conclusion: The stock has had recent price appreciation and is not negatively rated by any of the analysts. Those investors looking to hold some real estate to diversify their portfolios should consider this REIT.
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stocks are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.